Thursday, September 9, 2010

Introduction to Me

Hello! My name is Devin Hurley and I am sophomore in American literature this year. Literature isn't one of my favorite subjects but I still enjoy it. I love to read when I find a really good book that I can’t put down until the last page. My favorite classes are my sign language class and my chemistry class, I really enjoy learning those topics. I attend school every day with brother who is a senior this year and my other brother graduated last year when I was a freshman and also my little sister wants to attend next year. We live in Beverly so we take the Metra then the blue line. My brother doesn’t like to sit with me so I sit with my friends and him with his. I like going to school and learning but I think it would be more enjoyable if there was less homework.

I have been playing volleyball since I was in 3rd grade and now I play for the school team. I was captain of the freshman team last year and this year I am the captain of junior varsity (jv). When I’m not playing for the school team I like to play club volleyball and we travel all over during the weekends which always gets in the way with doing my homework. I also played on the Whitney Young softball team we had one game before the season was cancelled last year. I didn’t do any clubs last year but I want to join to this year like yearbook. This year I plan to join Habitat for Humanities also because my brother graduated and left the club. I wasn’t aloud to be in the same club as him because he didn’t want his freshman sister following him around and being in the same clubs. I think this year is going to be super exciting and I’m excited to get started even though it mean saying goodbye to the late night of summer and hello to the long night of homework.

In my free time I love to just relax, listen to music and hangout with some friends. I love being creative and I love working and making stuff with my hands. I really enjoy sculpting and molding things out of clay and I’m going to take a class for that next year. I wouldn’t say I’m a animal person but I like dog, birds and squirrels freak me out. My family and I travel a lot and I have been all over the U.S and out of the country. I have been to Australia twice in my lifetime and my family and I go every 4 year. I have friends there that we keep in contact with. I love to travel and I want to travel all over the world when I get older. I live in Chicago the big city now but one day I want to live in a place like North Carolina or Georgia near the ocean where its quiet and calm away from all the hustle and bustle of the city. There I want to study and be a marine biologist in the future. I love challenging myself and I always look forward to a new challenging starting with American literature this year.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Devin.
    I thought I knew a lot about you but after reading this, I feel like I've known you better! ((: I am soo glad we're in the same class together this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Yeah! JV voleyball 2010! Haha, nice blog Dev!

    ReplyDelete