Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Band Perry Music Review




For all those people who hate country you should really reconsider. I use to hate country and now that’s all I listen to and popular rising band you should really know is The Band Perry. You might have heard them before they have two big hits “Hip to My Heart” and “If I die Young” which was #1 on the country music charts and is nominated for a Grammy. They have more than just two songs though. I actually got one of their songs from the free on iTunes on the homepage before they were popular and known. The Band Perry is considered country, the group has a mix of both deep tear jerking songs like “If I Die Young” which was made popular by Kimberly Perry’s soulful voice describing her life up until then if it ended the next day. It’s an extremely sad song not necessarily what you want your first popular known song to be but it is wonderful and it does the job. The band has also upbeat songs like their other big hit “Hip to My Heart” which has a fun beat which is fun to sing along with at the top of your lungs. The band only has one album out right now it was released October 12th of this year and they performed at the ACAs. They were nominated at the CMA awards for Vocal Group of the Year and then at the ACAs they were nominated for New/Breakthrough Artist of the Year and Duo/Group of the Year. They are even up for a Grammy for Best Country Song for “If I Die Young”. They have gotten really popular in country but still barely anyone knows of them, you only know the big country names but let me tell they are amazing. The Band Perry consist of Kimberly Perry, Neil Perry, and Reid Perry all siblings from Mobile, Alabama. Kimberly Perry is the lead vocalist, her brother Neil plays the drums, mandolin, and accordion and is background vocals and the last bother Reid is bass guitar and background vocals also. The Band Perry’s self-titled album is their only album so far and all I can say is it is amazing from start to finish every song I believe is unique. The music on this album has amazing vocals, Kimberly has an amazing voice that I don’t find gets pitchy or screechy like some other country vocals do. The variety of instruments in the songs really contributes to the bands great sound. My personal favorites on the album are Hip to my Heart, Quittin' You, Postcards from Paris, You Lie, Independence and I Miss You Being Gone.  That is most of the album but I love this albums so much I just put it on repeat while doing my homework, I can't get enough of them.This band is on fire, the lyrics can be quirky in some songs but it works for this country group. I really like this band and I think you should check them out even though they are country. Most people say they don’t like country but they don’t understand what country is but if you listen to The Band Perry you will understand what country is and love it. Look them up and you will be surprised at this popular rising country band from Alabama.

1 comment:

  1. That's the deal with country music- finding artists that make attempts to distinguish themselves from others in the genre. That's all music if you think about it. I appreciate the artists who take risks. It's easy for most artists to sit back and capitalize on the formulas/templates of previous "successful" artists. Not a big country fan, but don't mind when artists incorporate country elements into their music: John Doe/X, Edward Sharpe, etc.

    ReplyDelete