Sunday, November 14, 2010

Which Way Now ???

The beginning of the year has come to a close with the first quarter just like all things have to. The only drag is you can’t use the excuse with your teachers sorry it’s the beginning of the year I forgot my book can I run to my locker or it’s the beginning of the year I forgot to do my blog can I do it today and still get full credit. We can’t use the sorry I’m new excuse and now more is expected from us. In another ten weeks were going to be freaking out about finals instead of what is Mr. McCarthy going to say to my mom when she comes for report card pick up.
Personally American lit this year is my favorite class and I’m not just saying this because this blog is for American lit and Mr. McCarthy will be reading it. I especially like independent reading Thursday or it now goes by its new name Devin’s day. It has to be my favorite day OF ALL TIME or just the week either one. I find it relaxing to sit down with a book that I have been meaning to read all week. I always try to make time to leisurely read during the week but I usually end up having too much homework or I try to read right before bed but 9 out of 10 times I fall asleep after the first sentence. That’s why on Thursday when I get my time to read the book I have been trying to read I get really excited. Another aspect of the class that I really like is that we don’t get a lot of homework I find we learn the same amount as the other classes just not through homework more through class work and class discussions(which gets side tracked really easily, but I don’t mind its usually very entertaining). The blogs at the beginning of the year I thought were going to be horrible, I absolutely hate to write. I found though doing the blogs every week is kinda fun. If I don’t know anything about the topic I research it briefly and I learn some new things. Blogs have actually become a fun assignment to do every week.
The only negatives I have for the class is that when we have to read for homework we have to read a billion pages at a time. Let’s be honest it wouldn’t be bad if it was our only homework but it’s very time consuming and I have 6 other classes to work for also. Not to mention the books were reading are really REALLY boring it sometimes takes even longer to read just for the fact that you can’t get into it. Lately it’s even worst because the Crucible wasn’t’ that bad but the House of the Seven Gables is awful. Then we have to read it for homework and read ahead but in class we are a couple chapters behind. This makes everything very confusing. This I don’t think will last long because some of the books we are going to read I hear are actually good like the diary of a part time Indian. I like this class a lot, it’s a lot of fun like watching Pelada this year is going to be really fun.

1 comment:

  1. I know! i hate how we have to read a lot of pages, and because the book pretty much has no point and is just a lot of description, you have to go back and re-read which takes even longer! But we're almost finished with it. So that's good (:

    ReplyDelete