Friday, November 26, 2010

I am Thankful for a Classmate

Thanksgiving. That’s all that needs to be said. I don’t especially like thanksgiving, it has to be my least favorite holiday of the year. I do however like the message behind the holiday, which is to get together with your family and celebrate the things that you are thankful that you don’t think about on a daily basis. All those things that you take for granite that you are suppose to appreciate. You are SUPPOSE to dig deep and admit you are thankful your little sister and those parents that are always on your back about cleaning your room. In that aspect thanksgiving is not that bad of a holiday, I don’t even know why I don’t like the holiday. I can’t pin point it exactly but I have never been a fan. I don’t get that warm feeling when we are at the dinner table with the family and it’s not the family because I love my family. It’s just something about thanksgiving.
I do however LOVE my American lit class and I am very thankful for this class. This class actually makes me laugh which is exactly what I need early in the morning to get me going. This class is my favorite class and it’s because the people.
I am especially thankful for (CORNY ALERT!!!!) sorry it was necessary for this blog
Lina Tan- I have known you since freshman year. You are such a nice person and you always make me laugh. You are always willing to help me when I need it and always willing to text me the homework when I forgot to write it down or wasn’t paying attention. You would always come to the girls volleyball games to cheer the team on, which was awesome that someone stayed for jv games and even cheered for us. You are always so kind to everyone. You act really quiet in class but I know you better that as soon as you walk out of the class you just start talking and talking. I am thankful for you and how you are so nice to me every day, you start my day on a good note every day. I am so thankful I have a class with you this year.
I am very thankful for the whole class but a special shout out to Cecily, Nikki, Gordon, Dominick, Carl, Jose, Kamal, Jaleel, and Josue who make the class even more enjoyable every day. You guys make the class funny and make me want to pay attention every day. I am thankful for the entire class but you guys are pretty fun to have around in class.
Not considered under the classmate category would be Mr. McCarthy. He is such a awesome teacher. A lot of people say that but I don’t think that actually covers it. He gets us to actually like coming to one of the most boring subjects in school. He teaches us in what I think in a comical way which makes us laugh and keeps us learning. He jokes around with the class and gives people nicknames (Hurley) which I think is funny. I am thankful to have gotten him as my teacher this year for American literature
There is a lot to be thankful this year and from a school perspective I am very thankful for this class. Thanks 3rd period for being so awesome this year. I have officially over used the phrase “I am thankful for” in this blog but I am thankful for my American lit class this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment